Drawing Wisdom Films for Dialogue
NOW PLAYING UNTIL OCT 5 FREE FILMS + FUNDRAISER + REPLAY OF
Decolonizing Conversation with Drawing Wisdom’s Jada-Gabrielle Pape & Rhiannon Bennett of Hummingbirds Rising
As Orange Shirt Day approaches we are offering several films with a pay-what-you-can model for anyone to use for dialogue in or outside the classroom! Support us to develop more Indigenous-led films, resources and events.
OUR GOAL $10,000
How To Support Our Work
Make A Contribution
All the money raised by our Drawing Wisdom Films For Dialogue event will be put into the development of curricula led by our Podcast host and Founder Jada-Gabrielle Pape, WuWas Ulwat, of the Snuneymuxw and Saanich Nations. We are looking to raise $10,000 to support the development of Indigenous-led curricula to address the many issues we face with colonialism as their root cause.
We are available to do film production and a full range of creative services. By hiring us for your project you directly support the Drawing Wisdom ‘big picture’ and support our principles of reciprocal ownership over what we co-create.
Become an ally or partner
This could mean being listed on our website as a supporter/ally, or you could actively support us in applying for funding to flow-through for the work we are doing.
Thank You Funders
With your support, we have raised over $63,000 since 2015!
Thank you to Inspirit Foundation, Reach 3.0 and CBRC for contributing funding for our impact campaign for HIV: Healing Inner Voices. Thank you also to the individual anonymous donors who have contributed to our project!
- We received a second Impact Grant of $20,000 from the Inspirit Foundation for our work in getting the film, HIV: Healing Inner Voices, and Peer-led workshops out digitally.
- We received a grant of $25,000 from Reach 3.0 for this work as well, and to engage stakeholders.
- We are also thrilled to have gotten the Audience Choice Award from the Vancouver Queer Film Festival which came with a $500 cash prize!
- We received and Impact Grant of $10,000 from the Inspirit Foundation to develop an impact campaign for HIV: Healing Inner Voices.
- We received a grant of $2,500 from CBRC for Peers to participate in workshops.
- We were very pleased to win the People’s Choice Award of $5000 from the Operation Blue Sky Aboriginal Health Initiative, which kickstarted Drawing Wisdom.