Support Drawing Wisdom Tools for Dialogue
It’s never been more important to build decolonizing tools. Support Us in our work by direct donations or by purchasing some of our new art cards, made with images from our films. Check out our latest short film “Connection is Medicine” free online during this fundraising phase.
OUR GOAL $10,000
How To Support Our Work
Make A Contribution
All the money raised by our Drawing Wisdom Films For Dialogue event will be put into the development of educational tools led by our Podcast host and Founder Jada-Gabrielle Pape, wu’Was’ulwat, of the Snuneymuxw and Saanich Nations. We are looking to raise $10,000 to support the development of Indigenous-led curricula to address the many issues we face with colonialism as their root cause, specifically addressing the TRC Calls to Action 10 and 12.
We are available to do film production and a full range of creative services. By hiring us for your project you directly support the Drawing Wisdom ‘big picture’ and support our principles of reciprocal ownership over what we co-create.
Become an ally or partner
This could mean being listed on our website as a supporter/ally, or you could actively support us in applying for funding to flow-through for the work we are doing.
Thank You Funders
With your support, we have raised over $63,000 since 2015!
Thank you to Inspirit Foundation, Reach 3.0 and CBRC for contributing funding for our impact campaign for HIV: Healing Inner Voices. Thank you also to the individual anonymous donors who have contributed to our project!
- We received a second Impact Grant of $20,000 from the Inspirit Foundation for our work in getting the film, HIV: Healing Inner Voices, and Peer-led workshops out digitally.
- We received a grant of $25,000 from Reach 3.0 for this work as well, and to engage stakeholders.
- We are also thrilled to have gotten the Audience Choice Award from the Vancouver Queer Film Festival which came with a $500 cash prize!
- We received and Impact Grant of $10,000 from the Inspirit Foundation to develop an impact campaign for HIV: Healing Inner Voices.
- We received a grant of $2,500 from CBRC for Peers to participate in workshops.
- We were very pleased to win the People’s Choice Award of $5000 from the Operation Blue Sky Aboriginal Health Initiative, which kickstarted Drawing Wisdom.